Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Time is Here

Wow. What a finals week! I have never been so stressed out or so tired in my life. But it's over, for better or worse. And that wicked semester that came in with a bang went out with a bang. A good bang for some, and bad for others. For me, it was bittersweet.

(First, I would like to thank Ted, who helped me during Finals. She was awesome and was a dear to keep me motivated and focused the whole week. I didn't see much of her, nor any of my other friends, but she'll make up for that next semester. Oh, she will! :o) )

The night before I left, we all held a surprise party for Justin and AJ and it was a blast. Granted, we all were worn out, but it was so much fun! Both the guys were really surprised and then we went over to the Commons to play games with Justin. But the whole time, I was so tired and when I would attempt to go back to the dorm, Ted with her God-given Damien strength would push me down to the ground or Niki with her death-glare would shoot holes in my head. (The wounds from both are healing nicely.) Finally, they let me go back. When, I got to the dorm and started to go in the front door, I was shocked because instead of heading off to her room, Ted and Bethie actually were coming up to visit. This was unprecedented. No wonder, because when I opened the door to my room, I was met with flashing cameras and Happy Birthdays!

I have never known how it felt to have people care about you just because you're you outside of my dear family. But there were girls in my room who were singing to me and hugging me. My dear sister Emily threw me a party. It was lovely. As I was overcoming that shocking fact, I got a rock at my window. Imagine, me getting a rock! I thought it was a boy. But, it wasn't. It was twenty boys! And they were at my window. I thought they might be getting directions to another girl's window, but they began serenading. It was incredible! It was also cold, so thank you to all of those sweet boys!

Then, I had to say good-bye to the first of my senior friends. Justin left. I don't think it was God's way, but the seniors claim it is. I think it's because they get to leave some chic behind after them who is getting them years off purgatory, but they insist it isn't. Anyway, it was quite sad and since I am not good with good-byes, I had a really hard time that night, too.

And now I am home. For any of you who are having a nice, quiet break at home, please write me and let me know how that feels. Things have been unraveling here since I stepped off of the plane, literally. I am asking for your prayers for an intention of mine that is very important.

But, Christmas will come and I hope things calm down soon, although things are never calm for the Smith Family. And I have come to realize that I am God's sitcom.

All of my dear friends will be in my most fervent of prayers this Season. Merry Christmas! For those of you who didn't throw my number away, give me a call! God bless you and your families!

4 comments:

coiledrose said...

Hey kiddo, glad to hear you survived and I hope your birthday was loads of fun. Wish I could have been there. Anywho, feel free to email me anytime. I'm going to try and visit more often next semester, so you have been officially warned!

J. Smith said...

Christmastime this year shall be glorious in the Smith Household! It would appear, barring some unforeseen circumstance, that your "intention" will be taken care of by the 23rd. Then, the next night, Molly and I shall descend on Temple, Texas with our dog and a pile of presents! Our whole family is reunited under one roof, with the addition of one more member (Molly)!

In the words of Bob Cratchit:
"We're to be together, the whole day!"
Then, as Tiny Tim observed:
"God bless us, everyone!"

Anonymous said...

Hey Adrienne,

I was at Christmas vigil this evening, and I remembered you at Mass. Were you born in Texas? How's Christmas in Texas? Just too bad there's no snow! Have you seen that bumper sticker, I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could!? I thought that kind of fits you (but I don't remember where you were born, so maybe it doesn't.) I always did say that almost all of the most attractive girls come from or live in Texas!!!! Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. As one fellow Texan to another, I got you're back! Oh, and thanks for the two hugs, I really enjoyed them, next time I'd be willing to take three! ;) Oh, by the way, I was putting up tons of Christmas lights late at night the other night, all over our yard (it's pretty stunning, you should see it), when suddenly I had a visitor, an armadillo was poking around in front of a building I had already lit up, not 50ft away from me. So I drew my pistol from my pocket, and should've pulled my flashlight too, but I decided to try to use the glow of the lights but couldn't see the front sight, so my first shot went wild and some of my lights went out. I eventually shot the armadillo (I told some of the guys I should kill one over break and make a helmet of it for you), then I went and repaired the lights, I had shot right through one of the wires. Yes, I know this is like an email, but I don't think I have your email address... or at least I don't know that I do. Ok, I'll go now.

Anthony Smitha said...

Merry Christmas, Adrienne, and happy belated birthday!