Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Whirlwind Weekend

Ok, just for the record, being 22 is very eventful. Some really good things and some kind of rough things have reared their wonderful or ugly heads (depending on if the circumstance was a good thing or a rough thing or me just looking in the mirror first thing in the morning) since I have become another year older.

But, Christmas arrived, with all of its gifts and prayers and Midnight Mass. It brought Santa, who mistakenly took me for a very good girl and showered me with many gifts, my brother and sister-in-law (who are now expecting! Prayers for them would be much appreciated!), and Christmas morning saw a total of ten people sitting in our living room, full of love and happiness for the birth of the baby Jesus. It was quite exciting. I have to say, I can't wait to get back and try out my game Twister with the girls on the hall. :o)

My birthday, too, went well. I recieved calls from many people including two of my favorite guy friends (or boyfriends, if I'm on pain medication...), who serenaded me on the phone and attempted to aid my mother in stealing my hamburger. Thanks, Dan and Larry! Also, Bethie, Ashley, Lola, Michele, Sarah, Jenn, and Joe M. called to wish me birthday wishes. It was God's way. Ted even called, which was exciting! (If I have forgotten to mention a name, my apologies, but there are two names not on the list that did not call...)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and you all are in my prayers! Please pray for my Justin and Molly as well as my twin, who also could use many prayers right now.

God bless and may the baby Jesus keep you all very happy!

9 comments:

J. Smith said...

Apparently I did not merit mention as one of the people who graced you with the sound of my voice on your birthday. All I got mentioned for was the fact that my wife and I are now expecting! How incalculably rude! I demand some form of restorative mention in the next blog posting!

*chuckles* It definitely was a wonderful Christmas, even with the negative things that went on. Be sure to let me know if you hear anything about the whole conspiracy, Adrienne!

Love,
~Justin

Fidelio said...

I'll bet he just wrecked the car.

Sass, you could have emailed me and asked for her number like a certain thoughtful young man did!

Okay, Addy. This is Jen. This is Jen commenting on your blog that she visits all the time. When do I see you commenting on my blog? Huh?

Anonymous said...

Yo Adrienne!

So, I totally would've called if I had your number... and cell phone reception at my house... and a soul, ok, I'm a bad person, but we already knew that. Rock, rock on! Enjoy the rest of break and 2006!

Donna-Katie said...

I'm a bad person, and I'm now flogging myself duly...

But I love you... does that count?

Big hugs. See you soon!!!

Donna-Katie said...

Post-script: Larry! Coed twister? What do you think this is - Steubenville? :)

Adrienne said...

I love my friends! You all are sorely missed, even you Larry! And yes, if you're up to it, I bet I could totally take you in a game of Twister...

Adrienne said...

Good. :o) Don't make me laugh this hard in the public library, Larry! :o) Last time they got mad at me!

Donna-Katie said...

Woot woot! Coed twister!

Nikole Hill said...

Oh yes, by the way, I love that one of your music interest is whatever is playing in your friends' rooms! Heheh! Much more of that next semester!